Dr Simona Todarro
University of Catania
Vassilis Politakis and Dr Simona Todarro worked together to investigate:
- Properties of natural clays , similar to those used in Protopalatial pottery from Phaestos.
- Possible techniques of manufacture of conical cups and bowls , which could lead to the same characteristics of the texture and surface of the ancient pottery ( examined macroscopically) :
- Hand built with coils
- With the use of ceramic molds
- With the use of the slow Minoan potter’s wheel
- Possible process of pottery production , as a cooperation of the potter with his assistants.